|NCSI Clinical Practice Forum #5: How We Care: Utilizing Advance Practice (APRN/PA) Providers for Maximum Quality||Clinical Practice||This unique forum highlight both where and how advance practice providers are practicing in the …||Video||youtu.be/eP4R4ySXVWE||clinical-practice||video|
|NCSI Coalition Clinical Practice Forum #4: The Social Work Picture: Serious Illness, Quality of Care, and Advocacy||Clinical Practice||Our latest Clinical Practice Forum highlights how Social Work plays a critically important role in …||Video||youtu.be/SlAFDLvDnIg||clinical-practice||video|
|NCSI Coalition Clinical Practice Forum #3: The Role of the Health Information Exchange in Supporting Interoperability, Patient Access and Quality Data Registries/Reporting||Clinical Practice||Watch our latest Clinical Practice Forum about the Health Information Exchange (HIE) and it serves …||Video||www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHHb5UUkbW0||clinical-practice||video|
|NCSI Coalition Clinical Practice Forum #2: Intro to Data Analytics in Serious Illness: The Impact of Interoperability and Patient Access on Quality Serious Illness Care||Clinical Practice||How can improvements in the electronic exchange of patient health information (interoperability) improve patient and …||Video||www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjC7qNM2kZg||clinical-practice||video|
|C-TAC Webinar: The Impact of the 2020 Election on Federal Serious Illness Care Policy||Communication, Advocacy, and Education||Legislative and regulatory experts review the likely priorities of the new Biden Administration and Congress.||Presentation||ncsicoalition.org/mp-files/c-tac-webinar-the-impact-of-the-2020-election-on-federal-serious-illness-care-policy.pdf/||communication-advocacy-education||presentation|
|NCSI Coalition Clinical Practice Forum #1: Intro to Data Analytics in Serious Illness||Clinical Practice||Predictive analytics in healthcare uses historical data to make predictions about the future, thereby personalizing …||Video||www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkWuznL9lDg||clinical-practice||video|
|POLST||Advance Care Planning||This website provides many resources to aid in understanding the National POLST as both a …||Website||polst.org/||advance-care-planning||website|
|Evidence-Based Best Practices for Improving State-Level C-TAC ACT Index Results||Advance Care Planning, Communication, Advocacy, and Education||The report from C-TAC offers a variety of specific best practices to promote ACP.||Research Study||www.thectac.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Evidence-Based-Best-Practices-for-Improving-State-Level-C-TAC-ACT-Index-Results.pdf||advance-care-planning communication-advocacy-education||research-study|
|NC Coalition on Aging||Caregivers and Patient Engagement, Communication, Advocacy, and Education||Our mission as a coalition is to improve the quality of life for older adults …||Website||nccoalitiononaging.org/||caregivers-and-patient-engagement communication-advocacy-education||website|
|AARP’s COVID-19 Care Booklet||Communication, Advocacy, and Education||Available in Spanish. Designed with spaces to write down important information.||Brochure||ncsicoalition.org/mp-files/aarps-covid-19-care-booklet-english.pdf/||communication-advocacy-education||brochure|
|ACP & Advance Directives + NC General Statute Updates Webinar (Video and Notes)||Advance Care Planning, Caregivers and Patient Engagement||On July 8, the NCSI Coalition, in partnership with Coalition members, hosted an educational webinar …||Webinar||ncsicoalition.org/mp-files/acp-advance-directives-nc-general-statute-updates-webinar-presentation.pdf/||advance-care-planning caregivers-and-patient-engagement||webinar|
|NQF Issue Brief: Opportunities for Advancing Quality Measurement in Community-Based Serious Illness Care.||Caregivers and Patient Engagement||Brochure||ncsicoalition.org/mp-files/nqf-issue-brief-opportunities-for-advancing-quality-measurement-in-community-based-serious-illness-care.pdf/||caregivers-and-patient-engagement||brochure|
Covid-19 Response Resources
National POLST Leadership Offer Guidance During COVID-19 Outbreak
National POLST leaders, which includes medical professionals and ethicists, have worked together to provide two statements relevant to the current situation:
- Completing POLST Forms in Crisis Standards of Care
- COVID-19 & POLST Statement
Click here for a web page that pulls together resources that can be very helpful to professionals as well as the general public.
How to talk about COVID-19 and Your Patients' Wishes Regarding Serious Illness Care
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement says, “Clinicians have been finding that patients are often relieved and grateful when given the opportunity to proactively discuss their priorities for medical care should they get sick in the future with COVID-19.”
Click here for access to the entire article, which includes “Tips to Consider”.
COVID-19 and the Carolinas: State Responses and Federal Legislation to Address the Crisis
The NC Institute of Medicine and the SC Institute of Medicine & Public Health have issued two joint briefs regarding the impact and responses to COVID-19 in the Carolinas.
- Click here for access to the April 2020 Issue Brief on COVID-19 and the Carolinas.
- Click here for access to the May 2020 Issue Brief on COVID-19 and the Carolinas.
The NC Institute of Medicine (NCIOM) and the SC Institute of Medicine and Public Health have released a new issue brief on state and federal actions to address the fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic.
This serves as an update to the briefs published in April and May of 2020 and February 2021. This brief examines changes to state policies in the past month, state-level legislation allocating COVID-19 funds, successes and challenges of COVID-19 vaccine distribution, and how policies and funding allocations from the American Rescue Plan Act will impact the Carolinas.
- Click here for access to the latest 2021 Issue Brief: COVID-19 and the Carolinas Part IV: State Responses and Federal Legislation to Address the Crisis
NQF Issue Brief: Opportunities for Advancing Quality Measurement in Community-Based Serious Illness Care.
This content in this brief reflects input from experts convened as part of the Serious Illness Quality Alignment Hub. This should prove to be a useful resource.
Click here to download this PDF.
Serious Illness Care Program’s COVID-19 Response Toolkit
Ariadne Labs has published an easy-to-use, adaptable toolkit of resources, the first version of which was published on April 3, 2020. It will be updated as the COVID-19 situation evolves. The toolkit includes the following items:
- COVID-19 Response Toolkit Introduction
- COVID-19 Conversation Guide for Outpatient Care, one-page description and context, designed for easy distribution and use.
- Telehealth Communication Tips to improve the experience of using this guide during virtual visits.
- Recommendation Aid for Outpatient Care: A supplemental resource to share recommendations with patients.
- Care Planning Resources: A reference sheet which you, or your organization, can populate with local, relevant resources.
NC DHHS COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
Updated as of: 05.03.2021
Posted on behalf of NC DHHS 5/3/2021
Sent on behalf of Tara Myers, Deputy Secretary for Employment, Inclusion and Economic Stability
30 April 2021 COVID-19 Stakeholder Update
PRESS RELEASES since the last update include:
- NC Federally Supported COVID-19 Vaccination Center Administers 100,000 Doses
- NCDHHS, NC Counts Anuncian $500 mil en becas para apoyar la respuesta equitativa al COVID-19
- NCDHHS Announces Summer Community Get-out-the-Vaccine Campaign
- CDC and FDA Lift Recommended Pause of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Following Safety Review
- North Carolina Expands Eligibility for Food Assistance Benefits to College Students During Pandemic to Purchase Food and Stay in School
- NCDHHS Creates Pathway for Temporary Nursing Home Staff to Receive Higher Credentialing
- NCDHHS Reaches Milestone with P-EBT; $1 Billion Dollars Issued to Children and Families for Food Assistance
From the Governor’s Office:
- Governor Cooper Outlines Timeline for Lifting State’s COVID-19 Restrictions
- Gov. Cooper Issues Executive Order to Relax State’s Outdoor Mask Mandate and Ease Mass Gathering Limits
NEW resources since the last update include:
- Updated NCDHHS Symptom Screening Checklist (Spanish)
- NEW PSA and related materials added in English and Spanish
- NEW Bring Summer Back webpage in English and Spanish
- NEW J&J Questions and Answers Fact Sheet
- NEW in Vaccines: How to View Your Vaccine Record
- Updated Bilingual COVID-19 Vaccine and Pregnancy Flyer
UPDATED guidance since the last update includes:
- Updated Face Covering Guidance and FAQs
- Updated Day and Overnight Camp Guidance
- NEW NCDHHS Interim Guidance for Using and Requesting Antigen Tests in High-Density Critical Infrastructure and Workplaces
- Updated Standing Orders for Vaccines
UPDATED reports since the last update include:
- County Alert System
- Vaccinations Dashboard
- COVID-19 Clusters in North Carolina Report
- Outbreaks and Clusters Reports
- Patients Presumed to be Recovered Report
- Risk Factors for Severe Illness Report
- CLI Surveillance Report
NEW EVENTS ADDED to the community testing events page
UPDATED Contact Tracing numbers