|NCSI Coalition Clinical Practice Forum #2: Intro to Data Analytics in Serious Illness: The Impact of Interoperability and Patient Access on Quality Serious Illness Care||Clinical Practice||How can improvements in the electronic exchange of patient health information (interoperability) improve patient and …||Video||www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjC7qNM2kZg||clinical-practice||video|
|C-TAC Webinar: The Impact of the 2020 Election on Federal Serious Illness Care Policy||Communication, Advocacy, and Education||Legislative and regulatory experts review the likely priorities of the new Biden Administration and Congress.||Presentation||ncsicoalition.org/mp-files/c-tac-webinar-the-impact-of-the-2020-election-on-federal-serious-illness-care-policy.pdf/||communication-advocacy-education||presentation|
|NCSI Coalition Clinical Practice Forum #1: Intro to Data Analytics in Serious Illness||Clinical Practice||Predictive analytics in healthcare uses historical data to make predictions about the future, thereby personalizing …||Video||www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkWuznL9lDg||clinical-practice||video|
|POLST||Advance Care Planning||This website provides many resources to aid in understanding the National POLST as both a …||Website||polst.org/||advance-care-planning||website|
|Evidence-Based Best Practices for Improving State-Level C-TAC ACT Index Results||Advance Care Planning, Communication, Advocacy, and Education||The report from C-TAC offers a variety of specific best practices to promote ACP.||Research Study||www.thectac.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Evidence-Based-Best-Practices-for-Improving-State-Level-C-TAC-ACT-Index-Results.pdf||advance-care-planning communication-advocacy-education||research-study|
|NC Coalition on Aging||Caregivers and Patient Engagement, Communication, Advocacy, and Education||Our mission as a coalition is to improve the quality of life for older adults …||Website||nccoalitiononaging.org/||caregivers-and-patient-engagement communication-advocacy-education||website|
|AARP’s COVID-19 Care Booklet||Communication, Advocacy, and Education||Available in Spanish. Designed with spaces to write down important information.||Brochure||ncsicoalition.org/mp-files/aarps-covid-19-care-booklet-english.pdf/||communication-advocacy-education||brochure|
|ACP & Advance Directives + NC General Statute Updates Webinar (Video and Notes)||Advance Care Planning, Caregivers and Patient Engagement||On July 8, the NCSI Coalition, in partnership with Coalition members, hosted an educational webinar …||Webinar||ncsicoalition.org/mp-files/acp-advance-directives-nc-general-statute-updates-webinar-presentation.pdf/||advance-care-planning caregivers-and-patient-engagement||webinar|
|NQF Issue Brief: Opportunities for Advancing Quality Measurement in Community-Based Serious Illness Care.||Caregivers and Patient Engagement||Brochure||ncsicoalition.org/mp-files/nqf-issue-brief-opportunities-for-advancing-quality-measurement-in-community-based-serious-illness-care.pdf/||caregivers-and-patient-engagement||brochure|
Covid-19 Response Resources
National POLST Leadership Offer Guidance During COVID-19 Outbreak
National POLST leaders, which includes medical professionals and ethicists, have worked together to provide two statements relevant to the current situation:
- Completing POLST Forms in Crisis Standards of Care
- COVID-19 & POLST Statement
Click here for a web page that pulls together resources that can be very helpful to professionals as well as the general public.
How to talk about COVID-19 and Your Patients' Wishes Regarding Serious Illness Care
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement says, “Clinicians have been finding that patients are often relieved and grateful when given the opportunity to proactively discuss their priorities for medical care should they get sick in the future with COVID-19.”
Click here for access to the entire article, which includes “Tips to Consider”.
COVID-19 and the Carolinas: State Responses and Federal Legislation to Address the Crisis
The NC Institute of Medicine and the SC Institute of Medicine & Public Health have issued two joint briefs regarding the impact and responses to COVID-19 in the Carolinas.
NQF Issue Brief: Opportunities for Advancing Quality Measurement in Community-Based Serious Illness Care.
This content in this brief reflects input from experts convened as part of the Serious Illness Quality Alignment Hub. This should prove to be a useful resource.
Click here to download this PDF.
Serious Illness Care Program’s COVID-19 Response Toolkit
Ariadne Labs has published an easy-to-use, adaptable toolkit of resources, the first version of which was published on April 3, 2020. It will be updated as the COVID-19 situation evolves. The toolkit includes the following items:
- COVID-19 Response Toolkit Introduction
- COVID-19 Conversation Guide for Outpatient Care, one-page description and context, designed for easy distribution and use.
- Telehealth Communication Tips to improve the experience of using this guide during virtual visits.
- Recommendation Aid for Outpatient Care: A supplemental resource to share recommendations with patients.
- Care Planning Resources: A reference sheet which you, or your organization, can populate with local, relevant resources.
UPDATE: NC DHHS COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
Updated as of: 01.14.2020
A tested, safe and effective vaccine will be available to all who want it, but supplies are currently limited and will continue to be for the next few months. To save lives and slow the spread of COVID-19, independent state and federal public health advisory committees recommend first protecting health care workers caring for patients with COVID-19, people who are at the highest risk of being hospitalized or dying, and those at high risk of exposure to COVID-19. Based on new federal recommendations issued by the CDC Prevention’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, the Department has updated and simplified the vaccine prioritization plan.
January 11, 2021 COVID-19 Stakeholder Update
PRESS RELEASES since the last update include:
- NCDHHS Shares Updated Rollout Plan for COVID-19 Vaccinations
- (Governor’s Office) Governor Extends North Carolina Evictions Moratorium\
- NCDHHS Issues Secretarial Directive with Immediate Actions to Protect North Carolinians
- Former Gov. Hunt, Coastal Plain Area Leaders Receive COVID-19 Vaccines
NEW resources since the last update include:
- Updated Staying Ahead of the Curve – Current Restrictions Infographic (Spanish)
- Updated Vaccine 101 presentation in Spanish
- Updated Vaccines page (Spanish page)
UPDATED guidance since the last update include:
- NEW NCDHHS Interim Guidance for Ventilation/Indoor Air Quality (Spanish)
- NEW Non-public schools Guidance in Spanish
- NEW Secretarial Order 7
- Updated EO 184 and FAQs in Spanish
- Updated Guidance for Private Social Gatherings (based on Secretarial Directive)
- Updated Vaccine Guidance/FAQs
- Updated Partner COVID-19 Testing Toolkit (English, Spanish)
UPDATED reports since the last update include:
- County Alert System
- Vaccinations Dashboard
- COVID-19 Clusters in North Carolina Report
- Outbreaks and Clusters Reports
- Patients Presumed to be Recovered Report
- Risk Factors for Severe Illness Report
- CLI Surveillance Report
NEW EVENTS ADDED to the community testing events page
UPDATED Contact Tracing numbers